Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Off to Alaska

I am getting excited! George and I fly to Seattle and spend the night before flying to Sitka, Alaska. Since I have never been to Seattle and we have limited time he felt the best way for me to see the city is from the Space Needle. We have dinner reservations which also allows us entrance to the observation tower. Can't wait to see the view. Early on the 4th of July we will catch a flight to Sitka. This island is very small and home to the Coast Guard base where my son is stationed with his family. We plan on spending the week fishing, kayaking and eating all the King Crab and fresh salmon we can catch. If we don't catch any we are raiding my son's freezer. A few weeks ago he got lucky and caught a 40 lb salmon! Can you believe!! Keep your fingers crossed we are hoping we see some whales. Brandon, my son has been on his boat and spotted as many as 12 whales in the bay while he fishing. He is a great outdoors man and really enjoys his boat. It is set up to catch salmon and he also has crab traps set. We are lucky to have family living in such a beautiful place. I will share stories when we get back. Happy 4th of July! We will watch the fireworks in Alaska!! I've got to pack.

No comments: